FC Sudamerica aims to hold itself accountable to high standards both on and off the field through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. We ask that parents and their guests attending any FC Sudamerica sponsored events help us by reflecting these character traits This includes both game and training ground related activities. We will hold all parents and other spectators accountable to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
Parents therefore agree to:
1. Be a positive role model for my child and teammates during practices, games, or any other FC Sudamerica sponsored event.
2. Respect the staff and officials and their authority during games and abide by the ‘24 hour rule’. I will not approach a coach with any game related questions until a minimum of 24 hours have passed after the conclusion of the game.
3. Inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my player or the safety of others.
4. Refrain from coaching my player or other players during games and practices from the sideline, unless I am designated as one of the official coaches of the team.
5. Be a positive role model for my player and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every FC Sudamerica event.
6. Not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting, or using profane language or gestures.
7. Teach my player to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence and will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of any of the players.
8. See that my player treats other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex, or ability.
9. Emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my player over winning.
10. Provide a sports environment for my player that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and refrain from their use at every FC Sudamerica event.
11. Abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines and if I fail to abide by the rules and guidelines I know that I may be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to, the following:
12. Verbal warning by an official, head coach, and/or President and/or Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee of FC Sudamerica or Georgia Soccer.
– Probation with written documentation of the incident kept on file with FC Sudamerica and/or Georgia Soccer;
– Game(s) suspension with written documentation of the incident kept on file with FC Sudamerica and/or Georgia Soccer;
– Season suspension with written documentation of the incident kept on file with FC Sudamerica and/or Georgia Soccer; or
– Such other action as the Disciplinary Committee shall determine is necessary and/or proper with written documentation of the incident kept on file with FC Sudamerica and/or Georgia Soccer.