CODE OF CONDUCT
PLAYER’S CODE OF CONDUCT
FC Sudamerica aims to hold itself accountable to high standards both on and off the field through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. We ask that all players who patriciate in any FC Sudamerica events help us by reflecting these character traits. This includes both game and training ground activities. We will hold all players accountable to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
By becoming a member of FC Sudamerica, players are agreeing to:
1. Conduct themselves in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner at all times, both on and off the field.
2. Do their best to attend all practice sessions and games, and at all times follow the instructions of the coaches. If for any reason they cannot attend a game or practice the coach should be notified well ahead of time.
3. Not engage in disruptive or disrespectful behavior during practice sessions or games This includes disruptive and disrespectful behavior towards fellow teammates, opposing team players, the coaches, the referee, or spectators.
4. Not engage in any bullying, antagonism, foul or abusive language, or other intimidation of teammates or opposing players.
5. Demonstrate a willingness to learn the game of soccer, and actively participate in drills, exercises and scrimmages.
7. Understand and accept that their placement on teams may not always align with their personal option. The coaches decision is final.
8. The dress code should be followed at all times. This includes having the correct shirt, shorts, and socks for both practices and games.
9. At practice and games, ensure playing areas and sidelines are kept clean, and all waste and trash is disposed in the proper receptacles. Player equipment should be neatly arranged either next to or behind the player bench.
10. Properly and respectfully represent our soccer club and our community at all games and practices.
Players who are unable to follow the expectations described above and the adopted Player Code of Conduct will be disciplined as seen fit by the club. As a note, disciplinary action may take the form of your child not being permitted to play or practice as a result of your actions.
PARENT’S CODE OF CONDUCT
FC Sudamerica aims to hold itself accountable to high standards both on and off the field through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. We ask that parents and their guests attending any FC Sudamerica sponsored events help us by reflecting these character traits This includes both game and training ground related activities. We will hold all parents and other spectators accountable to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
Parents therefore agree to:
1. Be a positive role model for my child and teammates during practices, games, or any other FC Sudamerica sponsored event.
2. Respect the staff and officials and their authority during games and abide by the ‘24 hour rule’. I will not approach a coach or club director with any game related questions until a minimum of 24 hours have passed after the conclusion of the game.
3. Inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my player or the safety of others.
4. Refrain from coaching my player or other players during games and practices from the sideline, unless I am designated as one of the official coaches of the team.
5. Be a positive role model for my player and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every FC Sudamerica event.
6. Not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting, or using profane language or gestures.
7. Teach my player to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence and will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of any of the players.
8. See that my player treats other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex, or ability.
9. Emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my player over winning.
10. Provide a sports environment for my player that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and refrain from their use at every FC Sudamerica event.
11. Abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines and if I fail to abide by the rules and guidelines I know that I may be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to, the following:
12. Verbal warning by an official, head coach, and/or President and/or Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee of FC Sudamerica or Georgia Soccer.
– Probation with written documentation of the incident kept on file with FC Sudamerica and/or Georgia Soccer;
– Game(s) suspension with written documentation of the incident kept on file with FC Sudamerica and/or Georgia Soccer;
– Season suspension with written documentation of the incident kept on file with FC Sudamerica and/or Georgia Soccer; or
– Such other action as the Disciplinary Committee shall determine is necessary and/or proper with written documentation of the incident kept on file with FC Sudamerica and/or Georgia Soccer.